You know that the Preventive Care Benefits offer numerous facilities and a number of services at no cost such as immunizations and diagnostic tests. It is always important to note that you will only have access to these benefits if you receive them from your plan’s network or your doctor.
Preventive health services are available for three important groups: women, adults and children. Each one covers different areas according to the group it is intended for.
If you still have doubts when you finish reading our post, don’t wait to call us at 786-910-9487. Our agents will be happy to answer you. From now on, let’s get started!
Preventive Care Benefits for Children
For children there is a large coverage of preventive services. Even if you have not paid the annual deductible, you can access these services without being charged a co-insurance or co-payment.
These services are primarily available as part of the tests that are performed:
- Bilirubin concentration test and blood test
- Hearing tests
- Hemoglobinopathy test
- Detection of autism, cervical dysplasia, dyslipidemia, hypothyroidism
- Testing for depression in new mothers
Also within the plan, services related to the detection and prevention of infectious diseases are offered. Medications are applied to prevent the appearance of gonorrhea. Tests are conducted to detect HIV or Hepatitis B. Advice is given on the care and protection of health in the face of the detection of STIs.
Primary dental services can also be purchased in this preventive service plan:
- Fluoride varnish
- Appreciation of the importance of oral health
For children, a whole prevention program is designed from the early ages, which also includes
- Tobacco, alcohol and drug use assessment
- Blood pressure control, obesity, vision
- Developmental evaluation and measurements of height, weight and body mass index
- Fluoride chemoprevention supplements
- Iron supplements
If you need other health insurance, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) provides low-cost health coverage for children in families who cannot get Medicaid.
Preventive Care Benefits for Women
In the case of women, these services are mainly focused on maternity roles:
- Breastfeeding advice and support
- Folic Acid Supplements
- Pre-eclampsia detection
- Gestational diabetes screening
Services such as detection of sexually transmitted infections are also offered. Tests are performed for gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, HIV and the analysis of the appearance of any variant of cancer. For this, cervical cancer screening is performed and women are advised on breast cancer screening (BRCA).
These services focus on the well-being of women under 65, the prevention of toxic substances (tobacco, alcohol) and the performance of the Pap test.
Adult Preventive Care Benefits
In the adults, the Preventive Services are destined fundamentally to:
- Alcohol assessment and obesity counseling
- Blood pressure control and fall prevention
- Performing a diabetes test
- Detect Hepatitis B and C, Syphilis, Tuberculosis and Lung Cancer
- Diagnosing depression
- Apply vaccines (Measles, HPV, Hepatitis A, B, Herpes zoster, Pneumonia)
These are some of the Preventive Health Services provided by the Medical Plans in your network. For treatments for pre-existing medical conditions, no plan can refuse you or charge you extra fees for essential health benefits.
If you want to know more, don’t hesitate to contact us at our 786-910-9487 and your call will be answered. At Dulcinea Insurance we wait for you, to accompany you until the end of the process.